Bilingual Assistant Manager - Speed Queen Laundry (Valwood/Gus T)
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Area Manager in the day-to-day operations of their assigned stores.
- Human Resources: Participates in certain aspects of the employee life cycle, including:
- Orientation and training.
- Employee development.
- Assures both stores have full coverage.
Customer Service and Satisfaction: Guides customers on how to efficiently download the Speed Queen Laundry App. Ensures that all policies, procedures, and employee functions are consistently followed, contributing to the highest level of customer satisfaction and growth of the store. Troubleshoots concerns autonomously within company policies and guidelines.
Store Safety and Security: Maintains a safe environment inside and outside of the store by following proper security procedures and prioritizing employee and customer safety.
Store Cleanliness and Upkeep: Ensures that the highest level of cleanliness is maintained inside and outside of the store at all times.
Building and Equipment Maintenance: Audit the completion of preventive maintenance tasks and ensure equipment and building maintenance issues are documented appropriately, escalating significant issues to the Area Manager.
Retail: Maintains a good visual presentation of retail products at all times; assist in maintaining sufficient assortment and inventory levels. Train employees in processing sales and upselling to customers.
Wash/Dry/Fold: Provides a consistent quality product to the customer; audits logs for accuracy. Addresses customer concerns and issues in a timely and satisfactory manner; immediately inform Area Manager of any claims.
Marketing and Promotions: Participation in and execution of promotional programs; ensures promotional procedures are being followed and documentation is accurate.
Policies and Procedures: Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
All other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of two years retail experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial laundry products and payment systems is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- MUST BE BILINGUAL (fluent) in English and Spanish.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Build strong customer relationships quickly.
- Basic computer skills, including some exposure to Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Position involves standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, stooping, bending, and lifting.
- Position Title: Assistant Store Manager
- Department: Laundry Stores
- Reports To (Title): Area Manager
- Review Date: November 2023
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Location: Varies